School Energy Friends Programme
is An Initiative of Uttarakhand Government for creating awareness about energy conservation among school teachers and students of district Dehradun.
- We want to create awareness on Energy conservation and related information to children and teachers as a part of our reach to conserve precious energy resources
- UREDA and Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) is actively involved in spreading awareness needed to develop Energy efficiency in different sectors like Industrial, Commercial, Agricultural and Domestic sectors
Detail of the Energy Conservation Program:
- Selection of Schools:-The 36 schools were selected as per the following criteria in consultation with District Education officer (DEO) / District Block Officer (DBO).
- Procedure of the programme:-The Principal has to nominate 2 Science teachers from each school.These teachers will then trained the students under their supervision. We will conduct Training of Teachers program at 3 locations namely Dehradun/Kalsi/Doiwala.Thus 72 teachers will be trained.The teacher will identify 5 students from each school, thus 180 students in class 6 to 8 and class 10 to 12 will be trained as “Energy friend”.
- Our Deliverables
- Each school will be provided with Kit consisting of T- Shirt, Cap and booklet.
- Teachers to train students for next 2 to 3 months on Energy Conservation and Energy Audit of the Schools and their homes
- The students will act as “Energy Friend”
- At end of the program competitions such as, quiz and debate will be conducted.
- Best students will be given prizes and will be named “Energy friend”
- We will provide Energy Kits – one set of T-shirt, Cap and Reading material to the identified students
- The training of teacher will be through class room sessions / film shows and Quiz etc.